The company founder Guido Sala started out as a wood carver and sculptor in Calò, Besana Brianza, in 1937. In addition to his initial activity he soon entered the timber trade and moved with his first worker to the current site in 1940.
Following a brief hiatus during the war, his business operated under the name Segheria Briantea (Brianza Sawmill), and would continue to use this company name until 1972. The wood working process started to be mechanized in the immediate post-war period when the first trunk–sawing system and machinery for door and window production were installed. The number of workers rose to about ten.
In 1973, the firm name was changed to Sala Guido Legnami, incorporating all the company’s activities in one place, and a major boost was given to the sales department, particularly with regards to timber and wood building supplies.
Upon the founder’s death in 1982, his sons Enrico, Carlo and Fausto took over the activity as a partnership under the name of Sala Guido Legnami s.n.c. (general partnership), which became Sala Guido Legnami S.r.l. (Ltd) in 2000. Meanwhile, as door and window production was discontinued, it bolstered its roof carpentry sector through a larger supply of correlated components.
Over the years, there has been an upward trend in global production. This came about not only due to the need for finished, manufactured products, but also because of the development of prior planning work designed specifically for each order. On-site surveys are carried out first, and then roof laying, including the proper assistance and the issuing of required certification, takes place.
In addition to the quality of the finished product, what sets the company apart is its constant research, which is conducted not only in a purely technical way, but also as an artistic study of new structures with particular attention being paid to innovation. This reflects current customer demand specifically requested of Sala Guido Legnami.